The University of Konstanz is a modern research university located in one of Germany's most attractive regions. It ranks among the nine best universities in our country. Internationality is of utmost importance at the University of Konstanz. This can be seen, for example, by the large number of students from Konstanz who either study abroad or alternatively opt for an internship abroad. (Some 40% of our graduates will have spent some time abroad during their studies.) To make this possible, the International Office provides exchange options at around 300 universities worldwide. .
Another aspect to our internationality are the 1,200 foreign students who come to Konstanz to study, to take part in exchange program or to earn a university degree. We ensure that these students are well supported and cared for here, settle in and feel at home. We are also pleased to see that the university achieves these goals, as clearly documented by the International Student Barometer. Find our information for
Visiting scientists from abroad have an especially important role to play for international research and teaching. To ensure that they can find the best possible conditions for life on the campus and in the town itself, we have created a dedicated Welcome Center that will be pleased to assist and support you on all extradisciplinary matters or questions before, during and after the stay in Konstanz.
Welcome to our Website.
Regina Sonntag-Krupp, Director of the International Office
Current News, latest Events
Here you will find information on events and meetings for international students, anncouncements about current scholarships and courses/workshops and talks on international career or cross-cultural topics, schedules of summer schools and the intensive German Language courses with integrated orientation, as well as more general articles in conjunction with internationalisation at the university.
- For all new international students:
* Vacancies available in the October orientation programmes Kon'Start and OriPro
* You are looking for accommodation for the first days? Konstanz students offer couchsurfing in their shared appartments. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply now: Ontario/Baden-Württemberg Faculty Mobility Program to support research stays in Canada. Application deadline September 15, 2014
- Top ratings for the services for international students in the latest International Student Barometer 2013 (ISB)